Friday, February 1, 2008

Practice What You Learned


There was a time when we were doing a film, I was so eager to learn about video editing. I would spend most of my time at the studio, watching my friends, Kenth or French doing video editing... Sometimes, I would even drop by Coicoi's office, to take a peek at his video works... and to know the basic in video editing. So one night,when Kenth was capturing some scenes from the videos, he gave me and Karina the chance to explore the Adobe Premiere Pro2. I remembered how scared I was at that time because of the thought that I might just mess it all up... but Kenth was really so nice, that he encourage us to give it a try... he left for a while for us to have a better room for learning...

Finally, after a while of hesitation, I get myself to tinker the keyboard, and you know what made me? The fact that I was already there and it was my chance to practice what I've learned.

What's the point of hanging out in the studio a number of days a week trying to learn the craft and be able to practice it? It's like learning the alphabet, you start with A,B,C but not able to reach X,Y,Z. And so I thought to myself that If I'm not able to do it at that time, I may never really get the chance to do it... so I did it... so glad I did. Because I realized that I am capable of learning new things... and you know what? After I learned Video Editing, I started to get paid by doing the craft... and I never stop learning :)

My point is, if you want to explore your qualities... don't stop learning until you master it.

2 comments:

***FYRNZ*** said...

yes, dont stop learning until you master it...

challenging words to ponder..:)

redhead said...

definitely Frynz... thanks again :)

rhon ==>>redheadspeaks